We don’t actively support Internet Explorer
It appears that you are using Internet Explorer, which has been discontinued by Microsoft. Support has ended for versions older than 11, and as a result you may face security issues and other problems when using it.
We recommend upgrading to a newer browser such as Firefox, Google Chrome, or Edge for a much better experience across the web.
While this site may work with Explorer, we are not testing and verifying it, so you may run into some trouble or strange looking things.
Distribution Manager [12-month contract position] – Canadian Scholars/Women’s Press
Canadian Scholars/Women’s Press is one of Canada’s leading independent publishers of books for the higher education market. We create books that make a genuine and lasting contribution to the evolution of disciplines in the humanities and social sciences. Our Women’s Press imprint is Canada’s foremost academic feminist publisher.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated individual to join our dynamic team in the position of Distribution Manager, based out of our downtown Toronto office.
This position requires the ability to seek out and pull together information across several different teams with competing priorities and would be well suited to someone with strong communication and organizational skills.
- Maintaining metadata for all print and digital products at Canadian Scholars and Women’s Press
- Updating and streamlining our ONIX workflow
- Communicating with and strengthening our relationships with distribution partners
- Making our titles available on essential digital platforms (like Amazon, Indigo, Campus eBookstore, Ingram, VitalSource, etc.)
- Optimizing metadata to keep titles current through testing different strategies and messaging
- Managing digital assets available like PDFs, ePubs, Covers, and chapter samples
- Transitioning our records from ONIX 2.1 to 3.0
- Working closely with the Marketing Manager and Digital Production Coordinator on backlist initiatives and special projects
- An undergraduate degree
- A book publishing certificate would be an asset
- Knowledge of ONIX best practices would be an asset
- 1-2 years’ experience in academic book publishing would be an asset
- Experience with eBooks and digital distribution would be an asset
Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience. Please submit applications in one pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday May 15, 2020.
Canadian Scholars/Women’s Press is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equality and diversity, and we encourage applicants from underrepresented communities. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.