Marketing Coordinator – Canadian Scholars/Scholars Coursepack/Women’s Press
Canadian Scholars/Scholars Coursepack/Women’s Press is seeking a Marketing Coordinator. This position is responsible for assisting in the successful promotion of academic titles and coursepacks. This position is based out of our downtown Toronto office.
- The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for:
- Supporting the implementation of our annual marketing strategy for all books and coursepacks
- Managing the creation of all marketing and promotional materials including award submissions, book flyers, publicity, and advertisements
- Maintaining and communicating all book data to vendors
- Creating and executing both spring and fall catalogues
- Creating, executing, and tracking both spring and fall email campaigns
- Assisting in the maintenance of our CRM database
- Managing all website updates
- Managing our social media presence
- Organizing all trade show and conference logistics
- Participating in all other assignments on an as-needed basis
- A completed university degree
- A certificate in book publishing is an asset
- Experience using ONIX is an asset
- Comfort in maintaining and working with a CRM
- A good understanding of Adobe suite and design fundamentals
- Experience with event coordination
- Advanced experience in copywriting/editing
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and willingness to take on new challenges
- Attend editorial meetings
- Conduct market research for proposed manuscripts
- Research opportunities for new textbooks
- Read incoming book proposals and write readers’ reports
- Assist with the preparation of manuscripts for production
- Write and proofread back cover and marketing copy as needed
- Assist with book distribution and mailing
- Assist with cover design and photo research
- Perform administrative support where needed
- Demonstrated interest in educational publishing
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Superior research skills and attention to detail
- Strong PC skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe
- Experience copy editing and proofreading is an asset
- Experience in a higher education academic setting is an asset
- Bilingualism in French is an asset
This position is a full-time, permanent position. Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience. Please submit a cover letter and resume in a single pdf to Laura Gergley at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 18th, 2017. If you are selected for an interview please provide writing and design samples.
Canadian Scholars/Scholars Coursepack/Women’s Press is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Editorial Intern Position
Higher Education Publishing
Canadian Scholars/Women’s Press is seeking an Editorial Intern. Working from our downtown office at Adelaide and Spadina, this individual will receive a unique opportunity to learn about all aspects of publishing in a small, independent environment.
The Editorial Intern will be responsible for a variety of tasks associated with the acquisition, development, and production of our textbooks. This individual will
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and skills:
Enrollment or recent experience in an editorial, publishing, or journalism program is preferred but not required.
This is a full-time, four-month internship, beginning as soon as possible, with an honorarium of $25 per day.
Please submit your cover letter and resume, in one PDF document, to Emma Melnyk at email@example.com by Monday July 31st, 2017.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.