Internship – Sales and Marketing
Canadian Scholars/Scholars Coursepack/Women’s Press is seeking a Sales and Marketing intern. Working from our Adelaide and Spadina office, this individual will receive a unique opportunity to learn about all aspects of higher educational publishing in a small, independent environment.
- The sales and marketing responsibilities include:
- Assist with direct marketing campaigns for new and backlist titles
- Maintain our customer relationship management software database
- Participate in market research to determine the viability of potential book projects
- Research book advertising opportunities
- Help design marketing material
- Contribute to writing copy for marketing material
- Take meeting minutes during publishing meetings
- Distribute print and electronic examination copies
- Mail book flyers and catalogues
- Attend book launches and conferences
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic team player, who has excellent communication and organizational skills, is comfortable managing work flow on a number of projects, and is familiar with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Applicants must currently be enrolled in a Publishing program or have graduated within the last six months.
This is a full-time, four month internship, beginning in early July and includes an honorarium of $25 per day.
Please submit your cover letter and resume, in one PDF document, to Laura Gergley at email@example.com by June 30, 2017.
Job Description – Editorial/Production Manager (6-month maternity leave contract) – Book Publishing
Canadian Scholars/Women’s Press is seeking a highly-organized individual to assume the position of Editorial/Production Manager. This is a maternity leave contract position and is based out of our downtown Toronto office.
- The Editorial/Production Manager is responsible for:
- Liaising with authors pre-submission to secure timely arrival of first-draft manuscripts
- Assessing manuscripts for compliance with publication plans and directing authors on necessary adjustments
- Coordinating peer review of manuscripts and guiding authors through implementation of required revisions
- Coordinating and supervising the work of freelance proofreaders, copyeditors, typesetters, designers, and indexers
- Reviewing copy-edited and proofread material
- Creating, maintaining, and monitoring production schedules and ensuring that books are delivered on schedule and on budget
- Other duties in support of Canadian Scholars’ publishing program as may be assigned to you by the Publisher from time to time
Minimum Qualifications: Education: University degree. Publishing certificate would be an asset. Experience: Editorial experience, including project management, copyediting, and proofreading experience. Familiarity with the processes of print and ebook production is essential.
Contract rates will be commensurate with experience. Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 23rd, 2017.
Canadian Scholars/Women’s Press is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.